Medina High School scheduling

Medina High School scheduling

Emma Park

Medina High School offers a wide variety of classes that are available for all students to take. To graduate from the high school, students are required to earn at least 20 credits. Through the different grade levels, students are required to take certain core classes, but the rest are up to the student. To be eligible to play sports for the school, students need to take and pass at least five classes per semester. If a student does not play a sport, they are required to take a physical education class.
When students reach the 11th grade, they have the opportunity to transfer to the Medina County Career Center to pursue their future career plans. The MCCC offers 25 technical career majors and college-prep classes. Some of the majors offered are, chef and restaurant management, cosmetology, public safety, and automotive technology.
Medina High School offers many different language courses as well, including: Spanish, Chinese, Latin, and American sign language.
The electives which are available at the school include different art courses, business education, industrial technology, and a variety of music courses.
As a freshman and sophomore, ninth and tenth graders are required to take six classes per semester. When students reach the 11th grade, they have the option to take college courses that give credits which go towards your college education.
If students need to change their schedules, they must fall under one of the following circumstances: the course selected by the student has been omitted, the course schedule is one which the student did not select, too many courses scheduled have been scheduled for a semester, lunch is not scheduled, or a conflict with a CCP course (college credit plus) occurs.
Students at Medina have the opportunity to take a wide variety of classes which all benefit the student in some way.