Woodland Waltz

Woodland Waltz

Holly Liatti and Emma Park

The Medina High School Prom will take place on May 16, 2015 from 6-11 p.m. Ticket sales for prom are on Sunday, April 26 at 4 p.m. Tickets will be sold individually at $60 a person. The dance will take place at Weymouth Country Club in Medina. This years prom theme is the “Woodland Waltz”. Food and drinks will be served throughout the dance.

The nominees for Prom King and Queen are: Zeke Martin and Brittany Becka, Joe Semus and Jordan Meyer, Evan Schreck and Bri Shingary, Collin Kiousis and Hayden Cory, Tyler King and Haley Knox, Nathan Schollart and Emma Constance , Zach Myers and Sarah Nagel, Shannon Moran and Zack White, Brad Hripko and Alex Root, and finally, Kevin Blau and Rachel Popovich.

This year’s After-Prom takes place at the high school right after the dance. After-Prom begins at 11:30 p.m. and goes to 3 a.m. After-Prom is open to all juniors, seniors and approved prom guests of seniors. After-Prom is an evening packed full of entertainment, food, games and over 80 gift basket prizes given away at the end of the night.

Even though prom is a fun time, students will still have to follow guidelines. There will be chaperones at the dance at all times including police, staff, and parents. Any students dancing inappropriately will be removed by chaperones immediately. No warnings will be given for dancing.

There is also a dress code at the MHS Prom. Girls’ dresses must be finger-tip length, and may not show excessive amounts of skin. Boys must wear ties and be appropriately dressed at all times. Both girls and boys are forbidden to wear hats, headbands, bandanas, or sunglasses at the dance. Students will not be permitted to dance until they reach the dance requirements.

All students will be breathalyzed and searched at the dance. Any students taking or abusing substances will be subject to school discipline, or in extreme conditions, police involvement. If any students abuse this policy they will not be permitted to attend the next school dance.

As long as all attendants follow the simple rules regarding the dance, prom is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression for all who are apart of the experience.