Prom Follow Up

Emma Park

Students from Medina High School enjoyed a wonderful night planned by members of the junior class of student council. Although it was overcast, the weather was cooperative. Long lines to enter allowed students a chance to visit with their friends before the dance.

Staff members from the high school greeted students at the door and checked them into the dance. The fine planning by school staff, parents, and students was evident at both the country club and at the high school for after prom.

Hundreds of students filled the rooms, decorated in the theme of “Woodland Waltz”. There was a lot of beautiful decor occupying the ballroom, including, branches with lights, flowers, and sheer curtains.

The tasty dinner was chicken, pasta, salad, and rolls. For dessert there were tables filled with candy, cookies, and pastries.

After the dance ended, after-prom began at the high school. All juniors were welcome to this event. Many volunteers had created an atmosphere of “Lights, camera, action” for the students. At after prom there were many things to do, such as getting an airbrush tattoo, riding a mechanical bull, going on inflatables, playing many games surrounding the halls, and entering to win over 50 gift baskets.