Boys basketball senior highlight

Three seniors make their mark on and off court

The Medina boys basketball program has three graduating seniors: Forward Jimmy Clark, Center Jon Teske and Guard Matthew McNaughton.  

The Bee’s head coach, Mr. Chris Hassinger, has worked with these seniors for two years.

“They’ve really made their mark on this program, not only basketball but the type of person you should be outside the game of basketball,” said Hassinger, “I’m really proud of them and what they’ve been able to accomplish individually and as a group.”

McNaughton found his love for basketball when he was a little kid, watching people he grew up with play at Ray Mellert Park. After high school, he plans on going to a small Division III school and continuing to play basketball.

McNaughton wants to remind fellow students, “Don’t ever give up on something you love.”

After high school, Teske will attend the University of Michigan to continue to play basketball. Teske has played ever since he can remember and learned from his dad and grandpa.

Teske noted that one thing he will miss about Medina is, “being around the basketball team everyday.”

Clark has been playing basketball since the first grade and says he’s “always had a natural love for the game.”

Football was another sport Clark played until his junior year. He plans to attend either the University of Dayton or Ohio University. When he walks out the doors of Medina High School, Clark said he’ll miss the friendships he has made and being with his team every single day.

Best of wishes to these seniors as they part ways from MHS and start a new exciting chapter of their lives.