Hola Cuba

Hola+Cuba

Medina High School students have the opportunity to go on a trip of a lifetime as they spend nine days traveling Cuba.

WorldStrides International Discovery programs give high school students the chance to travel to more than 60 different countries on six continents.

“For more than three decades we’ve leveraged personal service, uncompromised quality, expert craftsmanship, and an unwavering focus on educational value to inspire and enrich the lives of our travelers,” according to Worldstrides.

From climbing the Iznaga Tower to listening to live Cuban music and being able to cook Cuban cuisine with local chefs during Cocina Cubana, all students with find something they enjoy.

Leaving Monday, June 5, 2017, students will fly to Miami and spend the night resting up for the charter flight to Cuba the next morning.

Throughout the trip students have the opportunity to practice their Spanish and will get to meet a variety of people.

Students will visit a local hospital, local school and local library to speak with the faculty and students. Don’t forget to bring your own book if you want to donate at the library!

They will also visit the Bay of Pigs Museum and speak with residents who remember the invasion and visit a private restaurant to meet the owner.

Group Leader, Mrs. Sharon Schorr, a Spanish teacher at the high school, will guide the students as they maximize their learning experience.

WorldStrides programs use creative and fun contemporary teaching methods to help the students get as much information as possible.

Staff members are on call 24 hours a day with an international cell phone and the Tour Directors stay in the same hotels as their group to ensure safety. Tours have one chaperone for every six students.

All students who have taken or are currently taking any level of Spanish are more than welcome to join.

As of now, the total cost for the transportation, travel insurance, hotel accommodations, meals, tour directors and local guides is $3499. If interested, be sure to talk to Mrs. Schorr in room 2201 for more information and sign ups as soon as possible. The total cost will go up after March 10, 2016.