• Boys Soccer State Champions( first one ever)!!!

• The 2018-19 Medinamite is up and going!!

Almost, Maine is almost here

Staff Writer, Chloe Nace-Rolland

More stories from Chloe Nace-Rolland

A Stressful Lesson
May 12, 2016

Drama Club is not a regular club, as its members consist of people who are currently involved in the play or musical. The time spent preparing for the performances vary based on participants’ roles.

Drama Club’s spring play, Almost, Maine, written by John Cariani, is a romantic comedy that consists of nine little love stories or vignettes. They take place in the mythical town called Almost, Maine and all occur at the exact same moment on the same day.

The play is directed by English teacher Mr. Ron Douglas and student directed by Michaela Lyons. Douglas chooses the production based on the appropriateness and the number of roles.

Actress and Senior Gabby Husbands stated that during her scene, “Hope comes home from Bangor to tie up loose ends with her former lover Daniel Harding, to find he has already moved on.” Gabby also described her character, Hope, as “A neurotic college kid who has a lot of emotion.”

There are 19 students performing in the show, a large cast of 9 girls and 10 boys. Auditions for these roles took place two days in early February.

The students and their roles are:

Logan Usher (Pete), Addie Schneider (Ginette), Julia VanWagnen (Glory), Ben West (East), Ben Ferling (Jimmy), McKenna Dowd (Sandrine), Kaley Kralovic (Waitress), Audrey Baker (Marvalyn), C.J. Christe (Steve), Rose McMillan (Gayle), Adam Usher (Lendall), Mason Henning (Randy), Tony Albery (Chad), Emily Fazio (Marci), Brendan Junge (Phil), Gabby Husbands (Hope), Joseph Tucker (Man), BeBe Ciupak (Rhonda), Tommy Evans (Dave).

To advertise the play, posters are placed around the school and sometimes video production will record rehearsal and show clips on the morning announcements.

The show is April 15 and 16 at 7PM in the middle auditorium. Tickets can be purchased at the door about 45 minutes beforehand.

Chloe Nace-Rolland, Staff Writer Second Semester

Hello! I’m Chloe Nace, a freshman at Medina High School. This is my first time writing for The Medinamite. On the freshman volleyball team, I was an...

Ashlynn Rodgers, Senior Writer

Hi! Welcome to The Medinamite. My name is Ashlynn Rodgers. I am a student photographer and own my business called Stunning Digital Photos. I am a veteran...

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Almost, Maine is almost here”

1. Gambo on April 18th, 2016 12:17 pm

Almost, Maine made me Almost cry

2. Doug Eastwood on April 18th, 2016 3:19 pm

I never heard of the show. With the prompting of my daughter Tarah we went as a family night out. It was great! I loved how it was relevant to almost everyone alive in one way or another. I also greatly appreciated the way so many different students were able to take “center stage” for even just a while. Cudos to ALL who made this possible, staff, student director, student actors/actresses, student crew backstage and in the booth with sound and lights. You all were great. Thank you! Great article, thanks for sharing and putting this out there.

3. adviser on April 22nd, 2016 12:28 pm

Thank you for writing a response! I appreciate it.

Almost, Maine is almost here