Remembering Mrs. Hershey

Alyssa Hudak, Staff Writer

Along with her family and close friends, Medina High School also mourned the loss of a devoted, caring teacher. Mrs. Hershey passed away at the age of 66 on April 8, 2016 due to breast cancer complications.

Mrs. Hershey was known for attending all of Medina’s sports events. She could always be seen in the stands, cheering on all of the teams.

“Every sport and extracurricular activity, she was their number one supporter,” said Junior Kayleigh Wolf. “She was not only one of Medina’s greatest teachers, but also one of Medina’s greatest fans.” 

Mrs. Hershey played volleyball in high school and had a great passion for the game. She also coached the game in her career,  along with basketball and cheerleading.

Junior Delaney Cullen is one person Mrs. Hershey came to cheer on during basketball season. “She was someone I looked forward to seeing every day,” stated Cullen. “She always greeted me with a hug and a smile.”

Mrs. Hershey also taught many students important life lessons and that even the small things can make a big impact on someone’s life.

Cullen stated, “She taught me how important it is to show others how much you care, and how much you can change someone’s life by just simply being there for them.”

Wolf was another person that was impacted by Mrs. Hershey. Wolf enjoyed seeing Mrs. Hershey and her caring personality every day.

“She was the kind of person who genuinely cared about everyone. Whenever she got the chance, she asked how I was doing,” stated Wolf. “The love and care she expressed for her students was amazing.” 

Mrs. Hershey was a very influential and important person here at MHS. She touched many of our lives and was a role model to numerous students.

Thank you for everything Mrs. Hershey, you will be greatly missed.

1 Comment

One Response to “Remembering Mrs. Hershey”

1. Sra. Musselman on May 3rd, 2016 7:16 pm

What a great tribute to Mrs. Hershey! She always had a smile on her face when she talked about “her kids” at MHS.

[Reply]

Remembering Mrs. Hershey