“Puppy” chow down at the Buzz Café!

Kaitlin Farnsworth

The students of the Buzz Cafe are always ready to serve.

The Buzz Café, home to the famous MHS puppy chow, is officially open for business during first, second, and third period on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Located in room 1402, the café is run completely by students.

These twelve students shop for ingredients, prepare the treats, and sell all the items themselves. Homemade cards and school supplies such as poster boards and folders, can be bought here as well.

Senior Veronica Pabon works the cash register with Junior Bre Jackson. Other students make a variety of items including flavored coffees and cookies. Every student has a favorite item at the Buzz.

Pabon said, “Pretzels because they’re good. I like them with cheese!”

Freshman Haley Anspach is a regular at the Buzz. Anspach said, “I really like the Buzz Café because the lines are short, the ladies who run it are very nice, and the food and drinks are really good!”

Prepping for the day takes a very short amount of time.  

Jackson said, ¨It takes about 30-35 minutes to make everything. The pretzels are easiest to make.”

One of the coolest things about the Buzz is that all of the profits made go right back into the café. The money they make every day, about $200 in a three hour period, goes into buying more ingredients for the next selling period. The students leave school to go shopping for their items at Buehler’s in Medina.

Advisor Mrs. Susan Toth loves helping out with the Buzz, and thinks this program will help the students in the long run.

Toth said, “They learn so many life skills, vocational skills, customer service. They can learn to perform well under pressure.”

Don’t forget to sign up for a Buzz Card, the frequent shopper card. For every $9 spent, the Buzz Café will give you a free “Buzz Buck”, equivalent to $1.

Be sure to make the Buzz Café your morning stop!