Testing and colleges and careers! Oh my!

Everything you need to know for October 19th

On Wednesday, October 19th, there will be a school-wide testing day for freshman, sophomores, and juniors. The PSAT 9 for freshman, the PSAT for sophomores and finally the PSAT/NMSQT for juniors. However, if Juniors ask their counselors, they may also take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery), or a career path assessment instead.

Seniors are also expected to either visit a college that day or attend the fair as a substitute to their college visit. They can also choose to stay home and fill out college applications or shadow a career instead. 

For students who decide to attend the fair, they will be able to talk to representatives from multiple colleges and career opportunities.

“The Medina County College and Career Fair is to show students the colleges that are available, and expose them to some colleges they may have not seen before,” stated School Counselor Mrs. Sarah Grether.

There’s a range of colleges from across Ohio and even some from out of state coming to the event. For students, this is the perfect opportunity to ask questions about the what those schools are looking for in incoming freshman.  

“We’ll have 75 different tables or booths that will be lined up with college and financial aid information for students,” said Grether.

All of the attending colleges will have information about what they’re looking for in student applications and even specific help catered to their college.

“Each of the schools will have their individual scholarship information available for students,” stated Grether. “ACT prep, SAT, and FAFSA information will also be available.”

Colleges will also be providing summer help for seniors after graduation, as well as information about the cost of tuition for their college.

Attending this event will be a great way for students to get ahead in their college and career planning while also getting as much information about college and career prep as possible.

Remember to go to the Medina Fairgrounds on October 19th, from 6:00-7:45pm, for the Medina County College and Career Fair!