• GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAMS AND HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!!

• Congrats to Girls Lacrosse for moving on in the tournament with their last second victory against Olentangy!

• Congrats to Boys Baseball for winning Districts!

Bees make history but fall to Patriots

Bees+kneel+for+the+last+time+in+the+season.+
Bees kneel for the last time in the season.

Aaron Holmes

Aaron Holmes

Lexi Baumann, Senior Editor

On Friday, November 11, the Medina High School Varsity football team traveled to Mansfield’s Arlin Field to play Olentangy Liberty in the Division 1, Region 2 semifinal game.

Medina struggled on offense and had a hard time stopping Liberty, including OSU commit Brendon White who had five touchdowns. The Bees,entering the contest as the five seed, could not pull out a win and lost the game 45-27.

Medina did not score until late second quarter, putting them on the board with Olentangy (12-0) already having 24 points. Daw scored the first touchdown by catching a 53 yard pass thrown by teammate Alex Whittaker. Will Mercurio had five catches in the game.

Medina (9-3)  was not able to overcome Olentangy’s 18 point lead and took an overwhelming defeat, unlike the win against Whitmer last week where the Bees overcame a 24 point lead.

The boys closed out the game by standing in front of the Medina Musical Bees Band, singing the Alma Mater along with the Swarm, the cheerleaders, and dedicated Medina fans.

The playoff appearance was just the second in Medina football history. A history Coach Dan Sutherland hopes to build upon next year.

“It’s very important as a program that we take the next step and put some winning seasons together,” said Sutherland. “And if we can do that, we’ll get this thing going.”