• GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAMS AND HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!!

• Congrats to Girls Lacrosse for moving on in the tournament with their last second victory against Olentangy!

• Congrats to Boys Baseball for winning Districts!

Staff Stories: A Series

Luke Chenevey

More stories from Luke Chenevey

Senior Signing Day
April 26, 2017
Sprinting to success
February 28, 2017

Officer Wesner

Q: What is an exciting memory from your time working here?

A: “From this year it was definitely being able to attend the special olympics that was held down in Cloverleaf. I think we had probably 20 people, and that was kind of the highlight of the year. I did last year, I look forward to it. Great football season, it was nice to have everybody do so well. Also, to see these students right here, who I’ve seen as freshman, now sitting there getting ready to graduate. It’s not just one thing, it’s a combination of everything from throughout the year.

Q: Do you have any specific memories with students or anyone?

A: “Sure, big Jacob [Pearson]. Big Jake walks around and he usually gives me a hug everyday that’s really nice. There’s a few kids that you always remember, I mean you remember a lot of kids, but there’s a few that are always very special and he’s one of them.”

Q: “So, what do you think of this senior class graduating now, is it crazy?”
A: “Good, it was a nice class. [They were] a great class of freshman all the way up through their senior year. They’ve done well, I’m looking forward to seeing what they do once they get out of school and I’m sure they’ll all be successful.”

Dr. Wozolek

Q: What are your favorite memories from your time teaching?

A: “I think that one of my favorite memories teaching, in general, would be that moment where you get to help a student with something that has absolutely nothing to do with the classroom. All of a sudden it’s not about school, but it’s about their life. You can really help them out in a different way that has nothing to do with teaching Spanish, or history, or language arts, or whatever.”

Q: Do you have any specific times with a student when you had one of those moments?
A: “I’ve had a lot of those moments, just because of the nature of the way I go about my business teaching here. I won’t necessarily say a specific moment because I don’t want to betray the confidence of the students. But, I will say there are moments when students have contacted me in times of crisis that for me, at the time, maybe it was very difficult for me to deal with, but was really important for me to deal with. I have enjoyed helping to guide students with their future plans in life. So, I always like it when a student says ‘I have no idea what to do with my life’ and then we can sit down and talk about it, figure out what might be possible with them and their skills as people.”

Mr. Haramis

Q: What is one of your favorite memories teaching?

A: “There’s a lot, and they all mean a lot. One of the old schools I worked at, I had a kid who connected with me on a certain level. He wasn’t very bright, and he needed a lot of help. He and I both liked the outdoors. He hunted, I hunted. He fished, I fished. We always talked about stuff like that. I promised him at one point that if he got his grades to a certain level I would go hunting with him, he never got his grades up to that level. But, the next year it was deer season and there was a buzz going around the school that this kid had accidentally shot his friend. So, I heard it through the grapevine that he dropped his gun, then the gun went off, and he shot his friend in the heel. Nothing too major, the kid was fine. I saw him the next day he came back to school, he saw me coming and he just dropped his head and he just looks at me. I said ‘Hey man, tell me what happened.’ So he gave me the whole rundown. He said ‘I’ll tell you what, I was crying after I realized that my friend was going to be okay, and the very next thought I had was what is Mr. Haramis going to say.’ It was pretty crazy.”

Mr. Haramis then went on to talk about a recent memorable moment, “I got two letters from students who I had twice and it was pretty awesome, a pretty good feeling.”

Mrs. Schorr

Q: What is your favorite memory during your time teaching?

A: “When I won the Crystal Apple award. A kid wrote an essay into to the Plain Dealer about me and her essay won. I was teaching class one day and my husband, kids, and Mr. Farson came in all carrying flowers.”

“Also, I had a kid who failed Spanish I twice and Spanish II twice. Well, I was at a football game with my son watching the game and all of a sudden this person came up behind me and put his arms around me, gave me a giant hug from behind. I turned around and it was the kid who failed twice, he ended up going to Ohio State and it was happy I was hard on him because he got an A on his Spanish requirement for college.”