• Have a great summer!

• For more information about the trip to Peru, see Senora Hildreth or Senora Komar for details!

• AP Political Science summer work is posted in Blackboard under the MHS Student page.

• All athletes participating in Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Wrestling, Basketball, Lacrosse, Baseball and Softball. The Cleveland Clinic will be hosting a concussion baseline testing event at Medina High School on Tuesday, June 19, 2018.

Ruck and Roll

Kaitlin Farnsworth, Staff Writer

More stories from Kaitlin Farnsworth

Medina pins a win
January 27, 2017
A SPICE-y Weekend
January 24, 2017
Senior Alex Wilkinson was pleased with their record this season.

Katie Salai

Medina Boys Varsity Rugby had a fantastic season. The team had an overall record of 7-2 and will hopefully qualify for playoffs for a state title.

“My favorite part of the season was, by far, when we came back and won against Canton after being down in the game at the end of the first half of senior night,” said Senior Alex Wilkinson.

One of the main reasons for all of their success this year, was the bond the team shared.

“This team was closer than any other sports team I’ve been on. There’s something different about this team and you can tell every time you play with them. It really feels like a family,” said Wilkinson.

This year, five MHS Rugby players were chosen to play for the Ohio Celtic Elite High School Teams, the highest level Ohio Rugby club. Four girls from the Girls Varsity Rugby team and one senior boy were chosen. Zach Hager has worked very hard to be eligible to play for this highly competitive team.

“It is an honor to be chosen for the Celtic team, but I don’t see it as just me being chosen out of my team. I see it as me representing Medina Rugby on the Celtic team because, let’s be honest, I wouldn’t have made the Celtic team had it not been for my teammates and coaches pushing me at practice each day to become a better player,” said Hager.

Boys Rugby will find out later this week if they advance to playoffs.