Bees bounce back

Editor, Katie Salai

More stories from Katie Salai

One last edition
May 7, 2018
Sophomore+Haley+Anspach+during+the+Olmsted+Falls+game+on+Sep.+30.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Bees bounce back

Sophomore Haley Anspach during the Olmsted Falls game on Sep. 30.

Katie Salai

Katie Salai

Katie Salai

After their first regular-season loss since 2014, the Bees made a comeback against Olmsted Falls on Saturday, Sep. 30. Reeling from the 2-1 loss against Strongsville, the mindset moving forward is all about playoffs.

“It definitely stings tonight to lose to your rival and watch them celebrate on your home field, but the nice thing is it’s not a playoff game,” said Coach Doug Coreno. 

On Saturday night, although they had a slow start with a 1-1 tie in the first half, the Bees found their rhythm and pulled out the 3-1 win.

“The first twenty minutes weren’t our best and I think after that we stepped it up,” said junior Tori Delappi

“Sometimes the games like this where they might not be the most talented, are the hardest because you have to work hard to get what you want,” said senior Zoey Skidmore.

The win improved the Bees’ record to 11-1-1, with the ultimate goal to “win States” in the forefront of the young team’s mind. Until then, communication, off the ball movement and winning more 50/50 balls were all areas pegged for improvement after last week’s games.

The Bees play at home tonight against Solon at 7pm and away at Shaker Heights on Oct. 11.

Katie Salai, Editor

Welcome to The Medinamite! My name is Katie and I am a senior at Medina High School. This is my third year writing and editing for The Medinamite. Besides...