• Print Edition on sale all this week! $1!

• applications for the 2018-2019 Student Council representatives are available on blackboard and are due at noon on April 5

Next step for seniors

Delaney Baumann

More stories from Delaney Baumann

Seniors are starting to prepare for the steps after graduation.

The Universal Application opened for seniors on Feb. 1 on Blackboard. The Universal Application is an easy way to apply for over 40 scholarships that are available to Medina seniors through local sponsors.

There are many types of scholarships available for seniors. “There are more than 40 kinds on there, so it’s kind of hard to categorize them into just one thing,” Medina High School Guidance Counselor Kristen Cavalier said. “There’s one for different sports, need-based ones, there’s merit ones, just all kinds.”

The form is available on the counseling page on Blackboard under the Scholarship/Other tab. The form must be filled out in one sitting, and cannot be reopened for editing. “Make sure to be careful and read everything,” Cavalier said. “Take your time and give your best effort.”

Although not all seniors are continuing their education through college, there are resources for all seniors on the counseling Blackboard page. “There is a whole tab on college and career,” Cavalier said. “If you’re looking for timelines, helpful information, different college and career websites, testing information, registration guide, all of that is on the counseling Blackboard page.”

Seniors should also take note of the new Capstone project. This project started on Feb. 6 and is a weekly event.

Every Tuesday from 2:30 to 3:30, a community member comes to speak to students about important skills they will use as members of the workforce. “You can hear somebody speak on jobs in Medina County, how to give a good interview, and things of that sort,” Cavalier stated.

For more information on upcoming events and deadlines, visit the counseling page on Blackboard.

2 Responses to “Next step for seniors”

1. Andrew Wills on February 13th, 2018 7:31 am

Hello Admin,
    You have provided good information on your blog regarding this topic. I would also like to draw your attention towards the “Cien Amigos – IME Becas Scholarship”. The program provided by The Mexican Cultural Center of Northern California (MCCNC) is open to college/university or high school students.
    Application Deadline is February 28, 2018
    For more information, you can visit the given link:
    You can also join our Facebook page for the updates. The link is given below

2. The Medinamite on February 24th, 2018 9:14 am

Thank you for providing us with this information. We will also forward this to our school counselors in case you have not done so already. Thank you for sharing and thank you for reading The Medinamite!

Next step for seniors