Spring outside for the spring musical, “Grease”

Spring outside for the spring musical,

Holly Liatti, Staff Writer

This spring, get out of your house and head on over to the Performing Arts Center (PAC) at the Medina High School to the 1971’s hit musical. Last year MHS presented Footloose and this year they are performing Grease, directed by Tina Callari.

The performers practice every day for three and a half hours – including Sundays. All of that practice helps them become comfortable with the musical and memorizing songs and parts. If you have seen the movie, the musical has some differences like Kenickie sings the song “Grease Lightning” instead of Danny, and Sandy doesn’t go to prom.

The leads of the musical, Collin Husbands and Megan Hascher play Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson, respectively.

Collin Husbands said that he connects well with the character Zuko because they are both popular and outgoing. He is most excited for the song “You’re the One that I Want” because of the energy in that song.

Megan Hascher said, “To share the stage with all my friends and to do what I love is what I am most excited for.” Hascher also told to me that she can relate to her character Sandy because they are both quiet, and break out of their shell in high school.

“Capitalize all the chances you have to perform cause you never know when it will be your last” said Husbands, as to why he tried out for the musical.

Come see the show on Friday, March 20 and Saturday, March 21 at 7:30 and Sunday, March 22 at 2:00. Also, there is a senior citizen show on Thursday, March 19 at 4:00. Tickets go on sale on March 9 for 10 dollars by contacting the Performing Arts Center at 330-636-3400 or you can buy your tickets at the door.