• Boys Soccer State Champions( first one ever)!!!

• The 2018-19 Medinamite is up and going!!

Radium Girls-A Show Everyone’s Dying to See!

Mara Smith

Mara Smith
Radium Girls

As Halloween approaches, many have costumes ready, and candy bags prepared. However, the underclassmen of Medina High school have an entirely different set of costumes and worries thanks to the underclassmen play, Radium Girls.

Based on a true story, the play follows the life of Grace Fryer, a young girl who drops out of highschool to work in the Dial painting factory in Orange, New Jersey alongside friends. As she works there, she discovers something funky is afoot, but is scared into silence. Radium is all the rage in the 1920s, that is, until her friends all start dropping dead one by one in horribly tragic ways. Our protagonist leaves in hopes for a better life, but she is confronted with a drastic truth; that she too is ill. The audience will follow Grace as she tries to sue the company and tend to her own personal life in a compelling story, not only about her life, but the effects of Radium on the lives of others.

The Medinamite interviewed one cast member, Lauren Adkins, who stated, “I think that all the girls in the show have been working incredibly hard, and if we keep working like this it’s going to be an incredible show that you don’t wanna miss!”

The play will be performed Friday, Oct. 26, and Saturday, Oct. 27, at 7 pm in the Middle Auditorium. Tickets are $5 for students and Seniors/ $8 for adults.

Mara Smith, Photographer

Hi! I'm Mara! I'm a sophomore, and am new to newspaper. I've lived in Medina for six years, enjoy photography and video games. I'm also secretary of the...