• Boys Soccer State Champions( first one ever)!!!

• The 2018-19 Medinamite is up and going!!

Country of the Week- Fiji

David DeFino

David DeFino

Brian Dreifke, Reporter

Being know as one of the happiest countries in the world, Fiji sits almost directly North of New Zealand, and consists of over 300 islands. It has two main islands, Viti Levu ,and Vanua Levu, that contains most of Fiji’s population of over 875,000 people. According to World Bank. Fiji is known to be one of the most beautiful countries in the world, considering its azure blue waters, and beautiful island coastlines.

Fiji is also surrounded by well preserved coral reefs. According to USA Today, these coral reefs are protected by the United Nations ICRI (International Coral Reef Initiative). Fiji’s coral reefs have an area of over 3,000 square miles. One of the most famous coral reefs in Fiji, Rainbow Reef, is located between Taveuni, and the second largest island Vanua Levu. It is known to be one of the worlds most well preserved and beautiful reefs in the world! Next to the reef sits Fiji’s third largest island, Taveuni which consists of amazing waterfalls, huge jungles, and long beach coast lines, Taveuni is a must see destination. It is known as one of the worlds most eco-friendly islands.  

Another great place to see is the Mamanuca Islands, which are located West of Viti Levu. These islands are known as some of the most scenic islands and feature amazing landscapes, mostly the beach pictures on your computer screens. The Mamanuca Islands are very relaxing and feature something for everyone. Overall, Fiji is a very relaxed, and calm place to visit, and you’ll see some of the most incredible rainforests and beaches, and be welcomed by the happiest people in the world.  

Brian Dreifke, Reporter

Hello everyone! My name is Brian Dreifke. This is my first year a part of The Medinamite, and I am very excited for this upcoming year. This is my Sophomore...