Get to the Polls!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Get to the Polls!

Tera Roberts, Reporter

Make your voice heard! Voting impacts the way we live our lives each and every day, and is a right in our society once you hit the age of eighteen. If you were eligible to vote November 6th for the midterm elections, know that your decision has shaped the government even if it’s just one vote. Each one matters!

The word “vote” in the dictionary means, “an expression of opinion or preference”. As young adults, the responsibility to vote is more crucial than ever. Young generations to come. Connecting with politics can be stressful and confusing at times, but it’s important to get educated and involved early on.

Going to the polls is easy to do! Once you’re registered, check online where the nearest place to vote is for you. The people working at the polls are more than willing to help you in any way they can, they know the importance of voting and are excited to see you there. This November 6th was my first time voting ,and I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was much easier and faster than I thought ,and afterwards I felt proud of my votes and doing my part as an American. 

Voting is as easy as a click of a few buttons (with some prior research on the issues of course!), and took me about ten minutes in total. Plus, you get a cool sticker after! If you’re eligible to vote in the next election, please do your part and make your voice is heard! We are the future.

Tera Roberts, Reporter

Hi, my name is Tera Roberts, and I'm a senior this year at Medina High School. In my free time I like hanging out with my friends, making coffee and listening...