Feel-Good TV Shows

Back to Article
Back to Article

Feel-Good TV Shows

Variety

Variety

Variety

Kelly Elmore, Reporter

Being a student is stressful these days. Sometimes you need something to distract yourself from the ever increasing pile of assignments and tests. A good way to do that is to watch a cheerful TV show that will make you laugh. Here is a list of six feel-good TV shows to watch when you need a bit of a break!
Brooklyn Nine Nine- This hilarious show is a spoof comedy about the New York Police Department, starring Andy Samberg, Stephanie Beatriz, Terry Crews, and Andre Braugher. You can watch this show on NBC, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and iTunes.

Friends- This classic sitcom is about a group of six friends going through life, starring Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courtney Cox, Matthew Perry, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer. You can watch this show on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and iTunes, or you can buy the DVDs.

The Good Place- This is a comedic show about a woman who is mistakenly placed in the “The Good Place” afterlife, where she goes through a crazy adventure. The show stars Kristen Bell, Ted Danson, Jameela Jamil, and William Jackson Harper. You can watch the first two seasons of this show on Netflix and season three on NBC.

Queer Eye- This reboot of the show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is all about helping to better people’s lives. Jonathan Van Ness, Karamo Brown, Tan France, Antoni Porowski, and Bobby Berk all specialize in something and come together to help their client feel better in their home environment, and with themselves. The Fab 5 won’t fail to make you laugh and/or cry. You can stream this show on Netflix.

Gilmore Girls- This is a comedic drama show about the relationship between a teen girl, and her mom; starring Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Jared Padalecki, and Scott Patterson. You can stream this show on Netflix, Amazon Prime, iTunes, and Google Play. Also, check out Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, set after the end of Gilmore Girls and following Rory as an adult.

Chill with Bob Ross- This is a relaxing show where you can follow along with talented artist Bob Ross, as he paints beautiful landscapes. He makes it easy to learn to paint as you paint along with him to create your own work of art. If you don’t want to paint along with him, you can just have it on in the background to help you relax. You can stream this show on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.
Any one of these shows will not fail to cheer you up, so next time you’re feeling down, pull out your remote, and pull up one of these feel-good shows!

Kelly Elmore, Reporter

Hey! I'm Kelly, and I'm currently a sophomore here at MHS. I moved here from Cleveland in 2015. This is my first year on The Medinamite, and look forward...