How to Ace your Midterms!

Reilley Banning, Junior Editor

Winter break is an exciting time for everyone! Both teachers and students get a few weeks off to spend time with their loved ones and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year. Before all the festivities begin, we all must face the dreaded midterms! That’s right, before you start skiing and decking the halls, you must face a test in every class. It’s okay, I’m here to help you prepare to ace those tests with flying colors!

1. Start studying now. don’t wait until the last minute to cram all of that information into your head. It’s so much easier to study a little bit every night than to pull an all nighter, making you exhausted for your exams the next day.
  2. Get plenty of rest and eat some “brain food” before your exams. No one can focus while tired or on an empty stomach, and if you can’t focus then you won’t do well. Get plenty of shut-eye, don’t forget to eat a hearty breakfast, and bring a healthy snack to munch on in between tests.
  3. Break up your studying. Scientists claim that the brain can only focus on an activity for 15 minutes at a time, so work on that Language Arts study guide for 15 minutes, then take a 5 minute break. Don’t just sit there and stare at the wall for those breaks; you should get up, take a walk, turn on some tunes or have a 5 minute dance break. The way you take a break all depends on your style. Personally, I like to get moving, so I’ll play an upbeat song, and dance around to get my blood flowing.
  4. Study with friends. If you have some friends in your classes or that are taking the same class as you, get together! You may be able to help each other remember things that you didn’t know before. Studying with friends also makes preparing for midterms more fun.
  5. Stay positive! Don’t think about how big of a test this is going to be, and how you don’t want to do it. That will just make it harder for you to study. Think about how excited you are to ace this exam and make taking the test fun for you. This is all about how you look at it, so don’t be glass half-empty type of a person, be a glass half-full!

So get to studying MHS, and look on the bright side: after test week is over, it’ll be Winter Break and you’ll get to sled down those snowy hills and drink delicious hot cocoa. Good luck on those exams!

Reilley Banning, Reporter

Hi, my name is Reilley Banning. I am a Junior, and this is my first year writing for The Medinamite. In my free time, I dance at Elite, and am also a...